streda 7. septembra 2016

THINGS 'TO-DO' IN POLAND

I am quite frequently asked the same question. Why do I travel alone ? Why not ? It's much more practical, believe me. You are responsible only for yourself, your own stupid ideas and decisions. Except that, there is one more advantage. Left to the world on your own, you start to talk to the people. And listen to them. Just because you have to. You are urged to open your box made of friends, family and familiar things, to leave your comfort zone. And outside there are people you are supposed to meet.


I met Ola 2 months ago, 1153 km from place, officially stated in my ID as an address. On island called Juist. Well lots of things started there.
“We have a really cool cafeteria in my town. It's called Klubokawiarnia. Things are happening there. This summer a fake beach was built next to it. “
“I will visit you once. “
“When?”
“Don't know... When I quit the job here, I'll hitch-hike to Poland.“
"Ok. But do you mean it ?”
“Of course I do.”
“Great. My bed is big enough, so you have a place to sleep. However,I share it with my cat. Szeryf. You have to see my cat”
I definitely have to. She wants to get a tattoo of it, so it has to be a special cat. These plans seem to be pretty unreal, while sitting on a bench, watching a see, surrounding island from both sides, eating crisps and
salad. We had known each other for a week. 

Few days later, she's telling me about her best friends Agata and Milena and about street under the colourfull umbrellas. I am starting to write a to-do list. What should I see in Poland.


 Welcome to Polczyn-Zdrój. Nice small town, surrounded by nature. Town, where the best beer is made (really you have to try it) and where my friend Ola live.


The street with umbrellas is exactly so beautiful as I hoped it to be. Near this place is an Ice-cream shop where Agata work.




This funny and cute creature is Szeryf. His name means sheriff if anyone didn't get it by now. There were times when I didn't like cats. Now I can't remember why anymore.


KKK. That is a short for Klubokawiarnia Kulturalna. And all these people are Ola's friends. Cool people. All of them. After a while (and after two tasty drinks) I am able to easily switch between English, German and also understand polish. I am really enjoying this time. Oh and I am meeting Milena, the second mentioned friend of Ola. If all the polish people are so nice and smart, I have one more reason to love Poland. Nr.1 is of course super cheep Biedronka.

During my 5 days here I am meeting some more people, exploring the city, enjoying the low price of everything and adding to my to-do list some already-done stuffs like - to eat some mega-tasty fruit in Olas-Omas garden, which looks exactly like the garden that my grandparents used to have when I was a child.

I am saying bye to Ola and Milena. They are making their own trip, right now heading to Zielona Góra. I have to continue my way. For today, I am going to stay in Poznan. I have no idea how many people, that I've met in Poland will I see again. Thoug, that's just how it goes. It's one of the conss of travelling. You are meeting people, making friends, letting them change your life a little and then saying goodbye. To many of them forever. 
So here I am, one more time on my own, going to look for some new people, places and for myself. 

Žiadne komentáre:

Zverejnenie komentára