piatok 23. septembra 2016

DEFINITION OF BEING A HIPSTER

I was told that Bath is a nice city. So I decided to go there and check. I was told that it’s impossible to hitch-hike in UK, that no one’s doing it. So I went hitch-hiking to prove they’re wrong. Actually I did it already few days ago,when I went to Oxford (another story to be told). However, it is possible and not that uncommon. I had been only asking wrong people before.  There are obviously more of us, standing beside the British roads, trying to get a lift. Especially near Bristol. There are lots of hipsters there, Ned told me.  

Do you know who is a hipster? He knows it exactly. His definition is so good that it should have been written on Wikipedia!

"We do hitch-hike. But not here. For example, Asia is a new trend in UK. I was there. Next time I want to hitch-hike to China and Thailand.“
Thailand! Did I just find a pal for the roads?

I stopped Ned at some services somewhere on M4 highway. IT-guy. He travels the world as a technic support for the big skype conferences and that sort of things. He have just arrived from the USA.

„When you are near Bristol, let me know. Actually you can stay at my place today. If you want to continue to Wales, it is just like one hour from Bath.“
I want to go, but not today. I have to hitch-hike back to Bookham tonight. That’s where my aunt lives and I have there all my stuffs. Wouldn’t survive too long with what I had in my bag. However, I am sure I’ll let him know. It was a nice talk.

„ I like your approach. Hitch-hikers that I have met were weird. Hipsters. “
„How do you mean hipsters?” I had to ask. It was already second time that he had used that word.

„Well… Hipsters don’t wear socks. Do you have a socks?

Yes I do. Today. But only because it’s freezing cold outside.
 „Does ‘not wearing socks’ make a hipster out of me ?

It made him laugh. He was chuckling for 5 minutes.

„Hipsters wear funny clothes. They sit in Starbucks, writing the story of their lives. They like to tell everyone that they were doing things before it was cool.

Ok. At this point even I cannot help myself and laugh.  

"I write a blog. Mostly in coffees and fast foods. Does it mean I am a hipster?! THERE IS A FREE WI-FI AND YOU CAN CHARGE YOUR PHONE THERE! I am not making it because it was cool."
Here we are. I should probably find a new creative place.

„I didn’t mean you! You’re great. Really.“
Good try my friend, but too late.

I have to admit, though, he made my day.  And that Bristol offer still last. Despite the fact that I turned out to be a hipster. So no reason to offense right?


At the end of the day, he maid be right. Few hours later I was sitting in Subway, writing a post for my blog and charging my phone. Well I have to write it somewhere.


So here you are – BATH. Maybe you will visit it once. And if no, at least you can read about it. 

Žiadne komentáre:

Zverejnenie komentára