piatok 9. septembra 2016

AMERICAN DREAM IN BERLIN

I can remember one task on my English maturita exams, back on highschool.
-What are the differences between life in a city and life in a village? -
I was always the one who had to answer this question during my classes. Maybe because I was growing up in a village, which my teacher found interesting (Actually she recently moved in)

The difference is huge. However, I haven't decided yet, if I like big cities or not.



It is already my second time in Berlin. I was here a year ago. Anything hasn't really change. Or at least, anything that would make a big difference. By now, I have seen everything that's 'worth of seeing'- according to the guidebooks.This time I am just walking. And while passing the unknown streets, I am trying to find the answer for mentioned task and the taste of Berlin itself.


There's always something happening on a small square in front of the Berliner Cathedral. Today a young couple was performing some songs there. The man had really nice voice, curly girl was playing the guitar. I was wondering where did these two came from, so I asked.
"Israel."
"And what are you doing here?"
"Making music."
How plain. Well I hope it'll work for them, because they made my evening. Sitting on the ground I was watching the arrival of the night and listening to their concert. I asked  for a contact before I left. I wanted to remember. And I also had a strange urge to check how they're doing later. Are they going to find their luck in a big Berlin ?


People come here to live a better life. To live their American dreams in German metropole. They are leaving their old homes in a hope that they'll become rich and famous in a place, which biggest advantage is anonymity.

 I imagined what would happen in my village if someone  came there, hair dyed pink, ripped jeans, wearing dirty shirt. Some nice grandma would take him and make him look like a human. (Only kidding, but people would talk) Here in Berlin it's normal.
Noone really care. That's great. What if I want to have a pink hair ? It's kind of freedom. Freedom is important ! I am here to find it as well. But where is the point in which freedom turns into ignorance? How much anonymity is needed?


In Berlin noone really cares.
In Berlin noone really cares who's the guy sleeping on the street, also not about his clothes, getting dry hanged on a street lamp. In Berlin noone really cares who is the man just arrested by police at the Alexanderplatz station. Noone really cares about anything except their own lives.

This place is like a crossroad. All the people are driving through, following their own routes, waiting the green light to come, so they would fulfill their American dreams. Unfortunately, some of them will stay sucked at the red one forever.



Žiadne komentáre:

Zverejnenie komentára